Friday, April 28, 2006

Look! They're Writing About Us!

Pharyngula has an article about Melinda Barton's column about Secular Whackjobs!

Well, you know what they say. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Outrageous claim number 1: Atheism is based on evidence and reason and is philosophically provable or proven. Atheism is a matter of thought not belief. In other words, atheism is true; religion is false.

Holy shit, I'm worse than a whackjob! I'm either insane or crazy! But, Melinda, I already knew that. So what are you gonna do, bitch? Huh? How will you eliminate me from your midst?
The religious nutballs on the extreme right have kept us rational lefties so busy that we've neglected an important although onerous duty -- cleaning the atheist whackjobs out of our own attic, the extreme left.
Never mind. I cleaned myself out of the "extreme (whackjob) left." So I guess I did your job for you, Melinda. Now you're going to have to figure out how the term "extreme left" jibes with the term "rational." That should take you so much time to figure out, none of us will have to hear from you, ever again. Right?

(Not holding breath.)

No comments: