Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mondo Diablo Episode 269 is Bacchanalia Part I: The Last and Least



Welcome to the first part of a big three-parter!

I have enjoyed Peter Schickele and his disovery, P.D.Q. Bach for, garsh, 25 years at least, for "Bob's" sake. Funny I haven't shared much with you yet. well, not so funny (yes, so funny). All of my music is on vinyl. So, I had to do an epic search and and epic emptying of my bank account to get some non-scratchy stuff. Of course, some of the scratchy stuff is inevitable. I listened to it a lot, because I was a nerd. A big nerd. I used to sing some of this stuff in school, because I knew people would have no idea what I was doing. And of course, they didn't give a shit, either. No worries.

Playlist

PDQ 1
Alleee 1
Tootsie Roll Ad
WOOF Tag
TomTom Club * Genius of Love
PDQ 2
PDQ Bach * EIne Kleine Nichtmusik * Allegro
PDQ Bach * Cavatina for Schlafer * Nature Gave us Eyes to See * From A Little Nightmare Music, an Opera in One Irrevocable Act
PDQ 3
PDQ Bach * Eine Kleine Nichtmusic * Menuetto
PDQ Bach * Eine Kleine Nichtmusic * Rondo-Allegro
PDQ 4
Introduction to D'Indy's Turkey
Peter Schickele * D'Indy's Turkey
PDQ 5
WOOF Tag
Peter Schickele * Concerto for Horn and Hardart
PDQ 6
TIME 1
WEATHER 1
NEWS 1
PDQ 7
Enoch Light * Volare Cha-Cha-Cha
PDQ 8
PDQ Bach * Traumerai for Unaccompanied Piano
PDQ 9
Report from Hoople * Echo Sonata for Two Unfriendly Groups of Instruments
WOOF Tag
PDQ 10
Alleee 2


Download